SBIR Training – Aug 15
$100 discounts are being offered to the hotDesks ecosystem. (Mention hotDesks is a member of the Maryland Business Incubation Association)
Why do you want to attend? Because SBIR/STTR participants secure a legally mandated, sole-source, bid-advantaged, MOST PREFERRED CUSTOMER status — for the life of the firm — with the world’s largest and most reliable customer. This is a SERIOUS customer acquisition program, NOT just a research funding program. But first, they must secure that elusive Phase I Award which is the purpose of this event.
— — — — — — — — — — — — —
Maryland TEDCO and Virginia CIT will co sponsor this highly-acclaimed workshop which equips entrepreneurs and senior personnel to WIN federal SBIR/STTR awards (NOT just write proposals) on a consistent basis at ALL agencies (with a special emphasis on NIH). The instructor, training media, 100+ page workbook and NIH handouts will be provided by the SBIR Resource Center®, the nation’s leading supplier of business development resources to the SBIR/STTR community. See what prior attendees say about this highly-acclaimed event at http://sbir.us/course/workquot.html.
NOTE: Satisfaction with the value of this event is 100% GUARANTEED
even if attendee has been to another similar event just days before
(yes, this really is that different — focus on winning not submitting).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
+ How to strategically align SBIR & STTR with your business:
-Learn why SBIR is America’s most important source of venture financing.
– Get the all important applicant’s point of view vs. the Government’s
– Become skilled at separating the many SBIR myths from the actual facts.
– Know the requirements for participation and the steps to take in applying.
– How to sort out the agencies, departments and the available opportunities.
+ How to decide if you, or your firm, should pursue SBIR/STTR:
– Learn what is positive and what is real trouble with these programs.
– Recognize the best reasons for bidding & determine the costs of applying.
– Find out why some firms/projects should NOT pursue SBIR/STTR financing.
– Become aware of the near and long-term intellectual property issues.
– Know the important statistics and use them to make BID/NO-BID decisions,
– Discover how to best target the agencies and pick/reject topic opportunities.
+ How to evoke desired responses in reviewers of SBIR/STTR applications:
– Recognize the common foundations in competitive Govt. R&D proposals.
– Discover how SBIR & STTR proposals should be different, and why.
– Be aware of varying agency approach, proposal & performance requirements.
– Learn what to do, and how, before writing a proposal (homework is the key).
– Employ strategies and techniques for developing compelling proposals.
– Understand how to handle cost estimates and develop budget proposals.
– Ascertain what can be done to increase your odds of winning.
+ How to access the many resources available to help applicants.
WHEN: 15 Aug. 2017 from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
WHERE: Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
250 Waterfront St., National Harbor, MD 20745
(ask for $189 “SBIR Event” hotel rates) TEL:
NOTE: SEATING IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 20 REGISTERED
TUITION: $325 ($375 after 5 Aug.) – discounts available for sponsor affiliates
VISA, Master Card, PO or corporate checks accepted
VALUE: Two universities have assessed this event’s value at over $500.
REGISTER @ www.sbir.us/15Aug17.html
John Davis, General Manager TEL: (410) 315-8101
SBIR Resource Center(R) — serving the SBIR community since 1993
— A Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Enterprise —
> Better Business Bureau (BBB) A+ Accredited <
view our Web site at http://sbir.us